Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yummy Coffee Cake

We're having a potluck at work ... what we call "all day grazing" ... What to fix?  I decided to make a coffee cake for breakfast.



I found an easy start for it ... a box of Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb Cake.  



The directions on the box say to use the package of cake mix, water and an egg to mix.  There is also a package of cinnamon in the box.  The directions also say to make it in an 8x8 pan.  Sometimes I do that.  This time I used a bundt pan.  Lightly spray any pan you use.  

After mixing the cake mix, use half of it in the bottom of your pan.  Then add a half can of apple pie filling (any brand), spooning the apples on top of the cake mix and around the ring in the bundt pan (or in your 8x8 pan).  

  
Spread two or three handfuls of pecan bits or halves over the apple pie filling.  

Using the cinnamon mix package from the Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb cake spread about half of the cinnamon package on top of the apples and pecans.  Follow the cinnamon with the rest of the cake mix and the rest of the cinnamon.  Using a long toothpick, stir the whole mix slightly.  Top it all off with a few more pecans.

Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Now comes the fun part.  I took my cake from the oven and inverted in on a dish.  How ugly.  All the golden color and pretty pecans were now on the bottom of the cake.  I like a nice presentation so I inverted it again on the plate.  Now the cake was beautiful ... all golden with pecans!

It is so tasty ... Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment