Sunday, January 30, 2011

Don't know what to fix for dinner tonight ...

I think I want something easy to put together.  Something that won't take a lot of thought but will taste delicious.  Something that I can fix anytime during the day and just pop in the oven for 30 minutes before I want to eat.

I think I'll fix my Chicken Enchilada Casserole.  My husband loves it.  In fact I haven't seen anyone that doesn't eat it and ask for the recipe (except my husband ... he won't cook as long as he has me around, but I don't shovel snow so that may be a good thing).



Chicken Enchilada Casserole

2 to 3 chicken breasts, cut up
1 diced onion
2 cans cream of chicken-mushroom soup (or chicken or mushroom)
2 cans diced green chilies
1 cup (or a can about that size) of salsa
1 soup can full of milk
1 can (14 oz?) of ready cut tomatoes
½ can of black olives (cut into thirds)
18 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch squares
Shredded cheese (I use a bag, or more, of shredded Mexican cheese)

In a large pot, cook chicken and onion.  When chicken turns white, add soup, green chilies and salsa.  Blend in milk (use more if needed).  Add a can of diced tomatoes if there isn’t enough color in the mixture.  Add tortillas and stir them in so they are covered by the mixture.  Cook on low for 20 to 30 minutes.  Put into large baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.  Cook at 300 degrees for about a ½ hour.


Give it a try ... I'm sure you will love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment